Friday, March 26, 2010

Journey to Motherhood

Soham will be 8 months coming Tuesday. I wanted to jot down my journey for past one and a half year. Its been long since I have posted anything on my blog. I came to know that I am expecting in Dec 2008. I was so excited. Our first appointment was so joyful.

Week 8- 12

In the 8th week we had our first appointment with our doctor. We heard the first heartbeat of our child and it was an amazing feeling that there is another life inside you. First three months were awful. I was so lazy and tired. I couldn't cook or clean. I spent most of the time resting or sleeping. By end of 12th week things started to get better.

week 13 - week 25
Then came the happy time when I could eat anything I wanted. I still had a preference of Indian food. Sudip was bored of the Indian food, but he always got Indian food for me. I could walk and do any type of exercises. I made a plan to walk as much as I can. The only difficulty I had was I was out of breath after sometime. And i couldn't do multi tasking. No talking while walking. Beside pregnancy there were other things that were going on. We started looking for a house. After looking almost 20 houses we ended up buying a beautiful house with wooden floor and lot of light. We started looking for house furniture. We were lucky to have all our furniture ready by the time we moved in. It was scary too. Then my job roles and responsibilities were changing. I am very lucky to have a lot of team support. I couldn't realize that I moved from one team to another.

Week 25 - Week 36.

I am very thankful to my Friends and colleagues for throwing me a baby shower. The only thing I would remember is that our hosts were very good and the lights went out for almost 4 hours. So we celebrated in dark.:). July 25th was one of the happiest moment of my life. My mom was visiting me in US. We went to Airport to pick up my mom. She was excited too. After a week Soham was born. I would say he is a very strong baby. His breathing was constant throughout the delivery. After seeing him for the first time I was so mesmerized. He was so small and cute. From here begins taking care of Soham.

A few things to note during pregnancy are:

1.Whatever you do.. you will get stretch marks. Think of it as a reward of making a baby. Apply coconut oil or vitamin e oil everyday. It helps to reduce them.
2.Don't try any new makeup or lotion on your face. Due to hormonal change you are prone to have sensitive skin. it may overreact.
3.Have as much fun as possible as after having a baby you will not get time to spend with your hubby..

Happy Parenting!!

No comments: